HOW TO: Setup a PPTP VPN in OpenVZ
- Re-install you OS with our Debian 7 32bit PPTPD template in Wyvern
- Change localip in /etc/pptpd.conf to your VPS IP address (2nd to last line)
- Setup usernames and passwords in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
- Run service pptpd restart
- Run sh /root/apply.sh
And you're all set. Login to you server using your VPS's IP address and credentials. If you have any issues try the following troubleshooting steps:
Run the following command: cat /dev/ppp
If it returns "cat: /dev/ppp: No such device or address" then your PPP module is set correctly.
Restart your VPS in Wyvern. If this allows you to connect but you do not have internet access, you'll need to re-run the apply.sh script (step 5).
If you want to install PPTP from scratch, we recommend this guide: http://www.putdispenserhere.com/pptp-vpn-setup-guide-for-a-debian-openvz-vps/
Was this answer helpful?
Use the following command: iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j SNAT --to-source YOURVPSIP Replace...
Unable to open pty: No such file or directory This error is a rare, but annoyingly found in some...
Just go into Wyvern and click the Reset Password button. Keep in mind that this password is saved...
1) Login to the Client Area and navigate to Wyvern...
If you receive the following error when trying to update your Arch Linux install: error:...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution