Yes we do provide external monitoring for our services. For an additional $0.25/month you can purchase various checks for your service. Here is a listing of the checks provided (each check is $0.25/month and can only be used with our services):
- PING - Checks to see if your service IP or domain is responding to ping.
- HTTP - Checks to see if your IP or domain is returning a 200 (OK) code.
- HTTP Content - Checks your IP or domain for a specific word or phrase to make sure it is serving content correctly.
- IMAP - Checks that IMAP is running on your IP or domain.
- POP3 - Checks that POP3 is running on your IP or domain.
- MySQL - Checks that MySQL is running on your IP or domain.
- Port - Checks that a port is accessible on your IP or domain.
- SMTP - Checks that SMTP is running on your IP or domain.
- SSL - Checks that your SSL certificate is valid on your IP or domain and provides 7 day notice when it is about to expire.
All checks are in 1 minute intervals and utilize servers in North America (please open a ticket for Europe based monitoring). If a check fails, 5 other servers will re-check before an e-mail is sent out. Only 1 e-mail will be sent out upon failure and 1 e-mail will be sent out when the alarm is cleared. The e-mail you sign-up with will be the e-mail that will receive the alerts (please open a ticket if you would like to change the e-mail or add additional e-mails). SMS and voice alerts are also available upon request. A public report will also be provided.
We do not receive alerts for any external monitoring you purchase, only the contacts you specify will be alerted.
We utilize NodePing for our monitoring which has 8 monitoring locations worldwide.
- Fremont, California
- Dallas, Texas
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Newark, New Jersey
- London, England
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Falkenstein, Germany
- Bucharest, Romania