Below is a portion of the notice we received from our datacenter (QuadraNet) with details about the migration:
DATACENTER MIGRATION - SERVICE IMPACTING
Location: Chicago, IL
Date: February 23rd, 2019
Start Time: 8:00PM CST
End Time: 8:00AM CST
In order to improve the data center and offer an improved level of support, your equipment is being moved to a new facility in Chicago. This new facility offers better capability for power and network expansion, and can support the high power densities required of modern facilities. You should expect a total of one outage, up to 12 hours in length. All attempts will be made to shut down all servers gracefully prior to migration.
QuadraNet understands the impact that this may have on your business, as such we are committed to preparing everything we possibly can to ensure that this transition is as seamless as possible for you. The QuadraNet migration team will arrive several days in advance to begin preparing both sites for the migration. The following key notes are being accounted for to ensure that this process is as seamless as possible:
• No IPv4 or IPv6 renumbering will be required before or after the migration
• QuadraNet is ensuring that a temporary network link is being established between both sites to ensure that customers on both ends can be online at the same time (prior to their machines being physically taken offline for the migration).
• QuadraNet engineers will be prewiring all cabinets in the new datacenter space in an effort to expedite the reracking process
• You will not experience a decrease in network quality, as we will still be located in Chicago with our premium network blend.
• You can expect increased levels of support, redundancy and resiliency now that we will be in a N+1 facility with N+2 Cooling, and NIST 800-53/FISMA, SOC 1 Type 2, PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO27001, SOC-2 Type II certifications
In order to minimize the risk of extended downtime, and ensure that equipment is safely and securely transported to the new facility, our Director of Operations, Network Manager, and provisioning team members will be on-site to handle this migration. The new facility is within 10 miles from the old one and has substantial cross-connect capacity to all major Chicago internet exchanges and meet-me-rooms.
We will provide updates via our Twitter account if any delays or issues are experienced. We'll be updating this announcement once the relocation is completed and we have verified our services are back online. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding this move and we will try to assist as best as possible. Thank you.
Saturday, January 26, 2019
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution